Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Last Correspondence from DPI

Following is a copy of the e-mail I received from Laura Pinsonneault at DPI regarding the "issues" with the HS report card:


Dear Craig,

I have attached a statement about the report card release that I invite you to use with your local community.  I hope that the document is of assistance for you.  I agree; people cannot ‘un-see’ what they have already seen, and I apologize again for any confusion created for Prairie Farm High School by this situation.  I am not an IT person, but I have been told that deactivating a single PDF would have taken just as long as loading the correct version, due to the high traffic on the website.  As Phil said, you should find the correct version on the website now.

I am happy to talk with anyone in your community regarding the error in the report card load, if that would be helpful for you. 

Regards,


I also received the following statement from DPI to distribute:

On Monday, October 22nd, Public Preliminary School Report Cards were loaded to the DPI website.  The Prairie Farm School District submitted an inquiry form for Prairie Farm High School’s Report Card which is currently under review by the Department of Public Instruction.  As such, the School Report Card should reflect a ‘Not Rated’ status.  Due to a technical issue, the report card for Prairie Farm High School appeared with a rating designation in error.  The Department of Public Instruction assumes full responsibility for the incorrect report card posting to the website and apologizes for the inconvenience this has caused.  The correct report card was sent to Prairie Farm’s superintendent on Monday afternoon and was loaded to the DPI website by 5:00 pm that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment